The main partner of the Centre is the IBFD in Amsterdam, which is regarded as one of the leading educational, documentary, publishing and scientific institutions, specializing in tax law;
- As part of the cooperation, the Centre got an access to the IBFD Tax Research Platform (electronic data and the IBFD's tax documents base, regarded as one of the best sources of knowledge on tax law);
- What is more, students and academics of the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Lodz visit the IBFD. There they gather literature for their master, doctoral and postdoctoral theses and have opportunity to exchange views with specialists from the IBFD;
- As part of the cooperation with the IBFD, Prof. Johannes de Goede, a prominent expert in the field of international and European Union tax law, has given lectures within the scope of international and European Union tax law for students of the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Lodz and students of Postgraduate Tax Law Studies (since 2003);
- Academics of the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Lodz took part in a internship in the IBFD (as part of a programme "Increasing of qualifications of academics from the Faculty of Law and Administration", being a part of a project funded partially by European Union), whose aim was to prepare them to run Postgraduate Tax Law Studies in a form of distance learning.
The Centre cooperates also with the Institute of Austria and International Tax Law of the Economic University in Vienna - Institut für Österreichisches und Internationales Steuerrecht Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien;
- Inter alia every year students from the University of Lodz participate in CEE Vienna International Tax Law Summer School.
- Cooperation is also conducted with some units of the University of Tillburg (the Netherlands), e.g. with the European Tax College (ETC);
- Cooperation with this university comprises also organization of common projects, e.g. participation in a programme EUCOTAX or organization conferences for students (International Study Course on Pensions 2010).
Cooperation with Luarasi University in Tirana
- Between 2 and 6 March Dr. Ziemowit Kukulski, deputy head of the Centre of Tax Documentation and Studies visited Luarasi University in Tirana. During his stay, he gave an open lecture on integration with EU from the Polish perspective. Furthermore, he took part in a brain-storming workshop with employees and students of this university concerning educational and scientific experiences of the Centre. Common projects were also discusses, e.g. an organization of a Polish-Albanian conference regarding main problems of tax law in both countries.
- Between 30 May and 4 June 2015 Prof. Dr. Altin Hoti, deputy rector and dean at the Economy Faculty of the Luarasi University in Tirana visited the Centre. During his stay, Prof. Hoti gave a lecture for Ph.D. students of the Tax Law Department on "Private Debt in Albania - a Lackluster Existence". An executive agreement (to a corporation agreement between University of Łódź and Luarasi University) with the Centre was concluded, which stipulates e.g. a common educational project: a tax law summer school for University of Łódź in Tirana.
- Between 8 and 11 June 2015 Dr. Ziemowit Kukulski visited Caucasian International University in Tibilisi (Georgia). He gave a lecture on harmonization of Polish tax law with EU law and Polish treaty practice with EU countries. During his stay a mutual cooperation between the Centre and Caucasian International University in the field of teaching (students and Ph.D. students exchange) and common scientific projects – mainly organization of Polish-Georgian conference on tax law challenges was discussed.
Occasionally the Centre cooperates with other foreign universities (in Italy, Spain, Russia, Sweden);
International activity of the Centre consists in organization foreign academics' lectures at the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Lodz;
Furthermore, foreign research fellows come to the Centre (e.g. from Russia, Bulgaria, Italy, Sweden, Czech Republic).